About Wendy Jelbert
Wendy Jelbert is a teacher and professional artist who works in pastels, oils, acrylics, inks and watercolours. She enjoys experimenting with different ways of using mixed media and texture and her sometimes unconventional methods often produce surprising and original results. Wendy lives in Andover, Hampshire.
Creative Acrylic Techniques
by Wendy Jelbert
An easy-to-follow, step by step guide to creating wonderful acrylic paintings.
Acrylic paints are versatile and unique. They are easy to work with, adhere to a variety of surfaces and they have enormous potential if used to their fullest extent. Wendy Jelbert explores this medium, showing how to create a whole range of effects, from creating beautiful blended washes and patterns to using impasto and textured techniques. Using over sixty step-by-step photographs, she demonstrates how to paint flowers, landscapes, seascapes, and more. Both beginners and artists with some experience will find this a valuable and inspirational guide.
- One of the Leisure Arts
- Easy-to-follow step-by-step guide
- Acrylics is the most versatile medium -- it can be used like watercolours or like oils and it has its own unique properties
- Mixing Colours
- (step-by-step demonstration)
- Hedgerow (step-by-step demonstration)
- Stormy Sea (step-by-step demonstration)